Every local authority has to make arrangements for an information advice and support service in their area. We provide impartial, confidential and free support to empower parents, children and young people to:
- fully participate in discussions and make informed decisions
- express their views and wishes about education and future aspirations
- promote independence and self-advocacy
- manage expectations and
- develop positive relationships with schools, colleges, universities, the local authority and support services to achieve positive outcomes.
Our services include:
- Telephone and email support provided by SEND trained advisors
- Face to face support by trained advisors and volunteers
- Attendance at meetings, training and events (where staff permitted)
The helpline is open between 9am and 4.30pm. There is an answerphone which is on out of these times.
Telephone: If you get the answerphone between 9am and 4.30pm then all the Advisors are on the phone already. During COVID-19 the answer phone will be on 24/7 but messages will be pulled off at least three times a day. Our number is 01737 737300.
Website: You can also contact the team by using the Contact Form that can be found on each page of the website
All contacts will be put onto our database that is accessed by our team only. Please note we do not have access to any other team’s databases and they do not have access to ours.
Where we have an email address we will reply via that. If you would like to speak to an Advisor please let us know and a slot can be booked. We work on a first come, first served basis to ensure we are as fair as possible. We require notice for meetings and can only attend if there is enough staff to cover the workload. We are always happy to talk to you about your meeting prior to attending. We are currently not attending face to face meetings.
The team try to answer any contact within 48 hours but this can be longer during busier times.
Face to Face Fridays – You could always book a 30 minute slot on a Friday in term time between 10am and 11.30am to talk to an Advisor (or two) via Zoom or Teams. We also use this time to attend events (again virtually) to talk to a group of parents. These can be booked by emailing is SENDAdvice@surreycc.gov.uk