Every local authority has to make arrangements for an information advice and support service in their area. We provide impartial, confidential and free support to empower parents, children and young people to:
- fully participate in discussions and make informed decisions
- express their views and wishes about education and future aspirations
- promote independence and self-advocacy and
- develop positive relationships with schools, colleges, universities, the local authority and support services to achieve positive outcomes.
Our services include:
- Telephone and email support provided by SEND trained advisors
- Face to face support by trained advisors and volunteers
- Attendance at meetings, training and events (where staff permitted)
The helpline is open between 9am and 4pm. There is an answerphone which is on out of these times.
If you get the answerphone between 9am and 4pm then all the Advisors are on the phone already.
You can also contact the team by using the Contact Form that can be found on each page of the website or by emailing SENDAdvice@surreycc.gov.uk
The team try to answer any contact within 24 hours. They work on a Booking Slot system where you can book a slot that is 1 1/2 hours long. The Advisor will contact you on your preferred number as close to the booked time as they can. It maybe possible to answer some emails straight away without booking a slot. This is the best option when all slots are full. All calls are triaged unless it is a simple answer but not many are!!
COMING UP – There will be an opportunity to book a half hour slot on a Friday for a face to face talk – these are going to be called ‘Face to Face Friday’ slots! MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW.
- Impartiality policy for children and young people
- Confidentiality policy for parents and carers
- Impartiality policy for parents and carers