Every local authority has to make arrangements for an information advice and support service in their area. We provide impartial, confidential and free support to empower parents, children and young people to:
- fully participate in discussions and make informed decisions
- express their views and wishes about education and future aspirations
- promote independence and self-advocacy
- manage expectations and
- develop positive relationships with schools, colleges, universities, the local authority and support services to achieve positive outcomes.
Our services include:
- Telephone and email support provided by SEND trained advisors
- Face to face support by trained advisors
- Attendance at meetings, training and events (where staff permitted)
There is an answer phone which takes messages 24 hours a day. Whilst we are working from home we listen to messages through out the day – 01737 737300.
Website: You can also contact the team by using the Contact Form that can be found on each page of the website
All contacts will be put onto our database that is accessed by our team only. Please note we do not have access to any other team’s databases and they do not have access to ours.
Where we have an email address we will reply via that. If you would like to speak to an Advisor please let us know and a slot can be booked if required. We work on a first come, first served basis to ensure we are as fair as possible. We require notice for meetings and can only attend if there is enough staff to cover the workload. We are always happy to talk to you about your meeting prior to attending. We are currently not attending face to face meetings.
The team try to answer any contact within 48 hours but this can be longer during busier times.
Face to Face Fridays – You could always book an hour slot on a Friday in term time at 10am and 11am to talk to an Advisor (or two) via Zoom or Teams. We also use this time to attend events (again virtually) to talk to a group of parents. These can be booked by emailing is SENDAdvice@surreycc.gov.uk