How to make a complaint about Adult Social Care

If you want to make a complaint, you can:

  • talk to the member of staff you have most contact with, so they can try to resolve any issues or address your concerns
  • talk or write to the manager of the team you have been dealing with
  • fill in and submit the Adult social care complaints – Surrey County Council (
  • email Adult Social Care Customer Relations Team on:
  • or write to:

Adult Social Care Customer Relations Team
Surrey County Council
Millmead House
Surrey GU2 4BB

Tel: 01483 518300

or call Adult Social Care’s advice line via Surrey’s Contact Centre on 0300 200 1005.

What can I expect if I’ve made a complaint?

Your complaint should be acknowledged within 3 working days outlining the process and timeframe.

They will work with you to resolve your complaint. Once they have looked into your complaint they will let you know their response and what action may have been taken.  Their aim is to put matters right as quickly as possible and respond within 20 working days.

If you remain dissatisfied you have the right to ask the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman. Visit The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman website for further information.