Adult social care complaints

If you want to make a complaint, you can:  

  • talk to the member of staff you have most contact with, so they can try to resolve any issues or address your concerns
  • talk or write to the manager of the team you have been dealing with fill in and submit our online customer feedback form
  • email Adult Social Care Customer Relations Team on
  • fill in our printable Adults Complaints form (PDF) or write to:

    Adult Social Care Customer Relations Team
    Surrey County Council
    Millmead House
    GU2 4BB
  • Call 01483 518300 or call Adult Social Care’s advice line via Surrey’s Contact Centre on 0300 200 1005

What can I expect if I’ve made a complaint?

Your complaint should be acknowledged within 3 working days outlining the process and time-frame.

They will work with you to resolve your complaint. Once they have looked into your complaint they will let you know their response and what action may have been taken. Their aim is to put matters right as quickly as possible and respond within 20 working days.

If you remain dissatisfied you have the right to ask the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman. Visit The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman website for further information.

Who else can I complain to:

  • – Deputy Director – Adult Social Care
  • – Executive Director – Adult Social Care
  • You can contact your local county councillor to make enquiries on your behalf. You can find your County Councillor here